[OJS] OJS forcing useful name for file metadata in multiple language setup

Hello everyone,

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
OJS is forcing us to add useful name in multiple languages if we click on the field for name, or if the submission’s original language is not the default language of the journal.

This is very annoying!

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
I tried changing journal language configurations, but nothing solved the problem without causing another.

What I tried to resolve the issue:

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

Hi @ramon,

I think this is the same issue that is discussed here: Localized file names required after clicking file name field - #9 - the person posting provides a suggestion for a fix in this post.

Best regards,

PKP Team

Hello @rcgillis,

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t find that post while searching somehow… I’ll reply again as soon as I test this with results.

Hello @rcgillis ,

Just tested with our latest late issue I just published.
The change in the code worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.