[OJS 3.3.0.8] COUNTER report does not count HTML

Hi everybody, I don’t know if this has already been reported, but using the COUNTER report, and more precisely this one:

Older Site Reports → Journal Report 1 (R3): Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal.

the .csv file downloading does not count the HTML galleys that were uploaded in the jobs, it only counts the PDFs. Is it possible to fix this which seems to be a bug?

Thanks for support.
Bye
Tiziano

@NateWr @bozana,

There appear to be some open issues regarding this: Issues · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub - would this be tied to some of the existing identified issues, or is this different?

-Roger
PKP Team

I don’t believe we have any plans to do further work on COUNTER R3. Current versions of OJS support COUNTER R4 and we are currently working on support for COUNTER R5.

Hi all, maybe just to add that we will also remove R3 support in 3.4.

@Tiziano, why do you still use R3?

Hi @bozana, R3 is convenient that it creates me the .csv file month by month that can be opened in excel, R4 downloads me an .xml file that is not usable in excel. Do you know any method of using an xml file downloaded from R4?

Thanks
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Hmmm… Unfortunately I don’t know a good (other) way to work with that data in XML… :thinking:
In 3.4 there will be possibility to export different stats in CSV. See this issue for some discussion on that: Integrate statistics Custom Report Generator with article statistics UI · Issue #7318 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like