OJS 3.3.0.5: square brackets not recognized as part of DOIs in reference metadata

Head’s up that square brackets do not appear to be properly parsed as part of DOI when displayed in the article metadata. For example, in the attached screenshot the automatic hyperlinking for https://doi.org/10.1890/1540-9295(2004)002[0035:LEATFI]2.0.CO;2 breaks on the opening square bracket at leads to a CrossRef error page.

reference-broken-link

Let me know if/where to log this as a bug report in GitHub.

Hi @tmrozewski,

Thanks for letting us know. We’ll have a closer look and get back to you. Are you able to point us to the article in your OJS instance that contains this reference, so we could have a closer look as to how OJS is handling it?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks, Roger. The article is at Cultivating a Jewish Eco- Education Framework: The Toronto Heschel School’s Teaching and Learning Garden | Canadian Jewish Studies / Études juives canadiennes

Hi @tmrozewski,

I’ve been looking into this a little further and I’m wondering if you would be able to share a screenshot of what this looks like on the editorial worfklow side of things, behind the scenes?

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.