OJS 3.3.0.3 Awaiting Galleys Notify

Hi everybody!
I need an explanation about the notification in the screen attached to the message, in the new version the place to upload the galley for proofreading that was in the “production” section is no longer there. Where do I upload it now?

Schermata 2021-03-10 alle 16.51.23

I tried to upload it in the “pubblication” section but the notification doesn’t disappear
In addition, I don’t have the proofreading email to the author in the list to notify him, I attach the screen:

Schermata 2021-03-10 alle 16.54.56

Thank you all for support.
Bye
Tiziano

can no one help me?

bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Can you show more of a screenshot for the Publication stage, please (redact any information that you don’t wish to see public)? It’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on here. And to clarify: you have uploaded files to the Production ready files in the Production stage already, or no?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,
yes I try to explain in as much detail as possible, the work is at the point where you should send the author the article for final proofreading. So, we enlisted the layout editor, and sent the galley request email and the “awaiting galleys” notification appears.

Schermata 2021-03-16 alle 09.00.41

Then the layout editor finished the job and uploaded the galley in the “publication” section, but the notification doesn’t disappear, did we do something wrong?

pdfgalley

In the previous version, there was the possibility in the “production” stage to upload the galley, and then it gave the possibility to send the notification to the author for the final check of the proofs, instead as from the attached screen you can see that the proofreading mail to the author does not appear, should we activate something that we do not know?

Schermata 2021-03-16 alle 09.07.36

I hope I have made myself clear.
Thanks for you support!

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

I wonder if it is the case that the author has to be “Assigned” to this stage of the workflow. For example, I selected “Assign participants” - selected the author. And I was given the option of selecting an option for “[td] galleys complete”

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 3.35.29 PM

Could you try that and let me know if it works?

-Roger

Hi @rcgillis, thanks for the suggestion, I have tried, the difference is only that the author can edit the metadata of his work, but despite having uploaded the galley the notification has not disappeared?

Then I need to know why the email “Proofreading Acknowledgement (Author)” is no longer in the list of template mails? And how come there are these two untitled mails?

7c9f0b5a889313ce61aa5bf10a2ebaa4f44182a1_2_1158x1000

Thanks for your support.
Bye
Tiziano

Up, for support, thanks

Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

I think this has already been fixed: Make submission deletion more accepting of missing files · Issue #6860 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher, Thanks! I saw that the OJS[3.3.0.4] version already has the correct files, right?
What about the “Proofreading Acknowledgement (Author)” email that is no longer on the email list? And how come there are these two untitled emails?

f3f1da0e625fb513e76f88d3d2bb84c89ce75535_2_1158x1000

Thanks for your support.
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

Yes, 3.3.0-4 contains the fix linked above.

Could you post your other question as a separate topic? That’ll help keep the forum organized.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,
ok I will make a separate topic for the template mail issue.
So, in the new version, since the galleys part is only in the Publication section

Schermata 2021-04-02 alle 11.18.33

the layout editor is here that should load the file to do the Proofreading? is that correct?

Thanks for your support
Bye
Tiziano

Hi @Tiziano,

For smaller journals, it’s often the assigned editor who uploads galleys. For larger journals, where there is a separate layout editor to do that work, they’ll be responsible for uploading galleys.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.