[OJS 3.3.0.13] Announcements editing and publishing improvement suggestion

Hello everyone,

Describe the problem you would like to solve
As journal editor and manager, I’m constantly publishing new content, especially announcements when a new issue is published. However, the way the modal window works is EXTREMELY (I can’t emphasize how extremely) annoying. I make heavy use of the keyboard and tend to click on ESC to exit the modal window that opens when adding hyperlinks to text. The problem is that it also closes the announcement editing window and I lose everything I type.

The other problem is that I can’t save a draft of the announcement prior to publishing, as the save feature does both things: publishes de announcement and sends the emails. This is also annoying because we need to translate the announcement, and if the window gets constantly closed by mistake, it takes forever. Or, we are forced to publish the announcement, then edit it to add the translations.

Describe the solution you’d like
The BEST solution would be something like publishing the issue. First, we create the announcement, add figures and translations as needed and save the content constantly. Then, after review, in the listings we have a publish button that publishes the announcement and sends the emails (if you’d like to separate the sending email part, that also is useful, as waiting for the emails to be sent to continue working on the announcement is very annoying as well!).

Who is asking for this feature?
I, Ramón Martins Sodoma da Fonseca, executive editor of journals Ciência da Informação and Inclusão Social, is requesting this improvement.