OJS 3.2 Bugs: Ordering Journal Names

• Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.2

• Description of issue
    Ordering Journal Names on this page (/index.php/index/admin/contexts ) >> Journals >> Order

• Steps you took leading up to the issue
    When Ordering Manually the site automatically orders the journals alphabetically and we can not choose our custom order even when we select the order it turns back to the previous order

• What you tried to resolve the issue
    I clicked on order but when I clicked Done on the page, my order was not kept. The the site automatically orders the journals alphabetically and we can not choose our custom order

• Screenshots
    Not Needed you can test it yourself.

• Error log messages if applicable
    No Error log

Thanks

• Description of issue
    Enable this journal to appear publicly on the site
    is missing. WHY?!
    Steps you took leading up to the issue:
    /index.php/index/admin/contexts
    What you tried to resolve the issue
    I needed to disable the journal to appear publicly on the site

Hi @Ahmad_R_Beigi,

That’s been filed and fixed at Enable/disable journal setting not available in 3.2.0 · Issue #5584 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub, and a new build will be released (hopefully later this week) with the fix included.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

How about this one?

• Description of issue
    Ordering Journal Names on this page (/index.php/index/admin/contexts ) >> Journals >> Order
  • Steps you took leading up to the issue
    When Ordering Manually the site automatically orders the journals alphabetically and we can not choose our custom order even when we select the order it turns back to the previous order
  • What you tried to resolve the issue
    I clicked on order but when I clicked Done on the page, my order was not kept. The the site automatically orders the journals alphabetically and we can not choose our custom order
  • Screenshots
    Not Needed you can test it yourself.
  • Error log messages if applicable
    No Error log
    With respect, I think you have not used a technical checklist before releasing the software to see what is missing. The magic and the miracle of a checklist should not be ignored.
    Thanks

Thanks
[/quote]

• Description of issue
    Persian (Farsi) Fonts on
    /index.php/index/admin/settings >> Site Name is changed to question marks like this “??? ??? ??? ???” after saving. It does not keep Persian (Farsi) the fonts.

Hi @Ahmad_R_Beigi,

Could you post questions one per topic? That’ll help keep the forum organized for others who are encountering similar issues.