OJS 3.2: Browse Block entries missing title and link

I just upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2 and I noticed the Browse Block only lists the names of the authors and the page numbers. Is there an upgrade for the plugin that I should apply (if so, where?) or is this a known issue?

Hi @tmrozewski,

What exact versions of OJS did you upgrade from and to?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

From 3.1.2.1 to 3.2.1.1, thanks.

Hi @tmrozewski,

Are you sure you mean the browse plugin, not e.g. the “recommend by author” or “recommend by similarity” plugins? The browse block plugin just lists categories, when you use those to organize content.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ah, I haven’t explained correctly. I meant on the pages that show all the content in that category.

In this screenshot, you’re seeing the articles in the “Research Articles” category. As you can see, all that appear are the authors and page numbers; the titles and links to the articles are missing. The titles and links to articles did appear on this page while still on 3.1.2.1

inyi-categories

Hi @tmrozewski,

Ah, gotcha. What theme are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Default, with Lora font and a catchy red background from the built-in colour picker.

Hi @tmrozewski,

With apologies for the wait – you’re right, there’s a bug there. I’ve noted it on github. You can fix it by applying this change.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Oooh, I missed this, thanks! I’ll have my IT team implement it.

@asmecher, my IT team has implemented the fix you suggested but unfortunately we’re still experiencing the same issue where the article titles and links to the articles don’t appear when we navigate to a category (example: Research Articles | INYI Journal).

Do you have any further advice?

Hi @tmrozewski,

Hmm, it’s working over here (my testing install, from the stable-3_2_1 branch). At a glance, I think you probably need to also apply this change as well: pkp/pkp-lib#4991 Back-port fix for catalog article listing to stable-… · pkp/ojs@2ba880b · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like