[OJS 3.2.1-4] Please split the Backend "Back issues" table to several pages (Taking half an hour to generate the whole list)

@asmecher

Currently doing test upgrade from 2.4.8 to 3.2.1-4 (3.3.0-6 direct upgrade failed)

Other than upgrade issue we want to report that in back end admin panel, not like the front end archived issue list where you can split the whole list by set value in “list” like 25 or 10 per page.

Backend back issue list by default loads EVERY issue! I have two large journals one with 5000+ issues published stucked forever (1+ hr past). Another one has less than 1000 took about 25 mins to load! the testing machine has 6 vCPU and 16Gb RAM tho.

Please do consider to add page split to back end too.

If this is already done in 3.3.0-6 please ignore my question.

smaill journal: (25mins to load)
j1

Large journal (still loading 2hrs later)
j2load
article numbers:
j3sm

Thanks in advance.

Stanley

Hello @mapress888,

Thank you for your post. I will bring it to the attention of our Dev Team to speak to some of the issues that you’ve noted. But please note that a direct upgrade path from OJS 2 to OJS 3.3 is not feasible. You upgrade to 3.2 first (as you are doing). This is outlined in the release notes for 3.3 here: OJS/OMP/OPS 3.3 Release Notebook - OJS/OMP/OPS

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks, if there is a git link regarding this matter please link it when available. need it urgently.

Update:

Got it upgraded to 3.3.0-6 now.

Trying to solve this problem myself.

I was wondering this could be something similar to frontend archive pagination.

However after 3 hours of study I realised this is totally different. Any tip for me to modify the code myself please? @rcgillis @asmecher

At the moment I am trying to learn from the backend user list where the user grid rows has gridPaging.tpl placed in. It seems not easy too

Update:

Kind solved this problem by using patch from this post:

Added pagination on the backissue list.

Now the 800 issue journal took 2 mins to load, and the large journal took 2 mins too.

Still slow but can work!

Thanks!

Hi @mapress888, thanks for reporting this. I’ve filed an issue at Issue grid slow on journals with very large issue lists · Issue #7051 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. You can follow progress there.

1 Like