[OJS 3.2.1.4] Error in Scheduled Tasks an not show metrics

Hi,

I have had an error for almost a month since the Usage Stats are not shown and remain in the stage phase.

I have the Acron plugin enabled and also when I try to run php tools/runScheduledTasks.php plugins/generic/usageStats/scheduledTasks.xml, after a while, it shows me the following error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getData() on null in /lib/pkp/classes/submission/Representation.inc.php:134
Stack trace:
#0 /lib/pkp/classes/statistics/PKPMetricsDAO.inc.php(378): Representation->getContextId()
#1 /classes/statistics/MetricsDAO.inc.php(47): PKPMetricsDAO->foreignKeyLookup(515, 246408)
#2 /lib/pkp/classes/statistics/PKPMetricsDAO.inc.php(284): MetricsDAO->foreignKeyLookup(515, 246408)
#3 /plugins/generic/usageStats/UsageStatsLoader.inc.php(823): PKPMetricsDAO->insertRecord(Array)
#4 /plugins/generic/usageStats/UsageStatsLoader.inc.php(228): UsageStatsLoader->_loadData('usage_events_20...')
#5 /lib/pkp/classes/task/FileLoader.inc.php(167): UsageStatsLoader->processFile('/datos/usageSta...')
#6 /lib/pkp/classes/submission/Representation.inc.php on line 134

And also shows me:

Undefined offset: 254 in /plugins/generic/usageStats/lib/geoIp/geoipcity.inc on line 146

Hi @asmecher and @bozana,

Could you help me with this problem?

Hi @rcgillis,

Can someone help me with this problem?

Hi @diegomejia07,

This comes from a data inconsistency in your database; you have a galley that is referring to a non-existent publication. Try this query to identify it:

SELECT pg.galley_id FROM publication_galleys pg LEFT JOIN publications p ON (pg.publication_id = p.publication_id) WHERE pg.publication_id IS NOT NULL AND pg.publication_id IS NULL;

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Perform the query and I do not get records

Hi @diegomejia07,

Hmm, that was my best guess.

Essentially you have a database inconsistency related to the submission file with ID 246408. I would suggest exploring that entry in submission_files to see whether it is missing a related entity – for example, the submission it’s associated with has been deleted, or something like that.

Note that OJS 3.2.1-4 is quite old; I would recommend upgrading. It might resolve this problem. We’re trying not to put much support effort into old releases as it leads to re-identifying old bugs and isn’t an efficient use of our time! We recently launched an LTS initiative to help resolve this – see:

https://pkp.sfu.ca/2022/02/15/pkp-announces-long-term-support-lts-software-releases/

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

There checking the submission_files table for this ID, it shows me:

Hi @asmecher,

Is there anything else I can do there to fix this problem, since we don’t have an update scheduled for the next few months.

Hi @diegomejia07,

I’d recommend reviewing that entry’s foreign keys to ensure that they refer to existing objects. (And in turn, the foreign keys referenced from those entries).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

What version do you recommend me to go to 3.3 of OJS.

Hi @diegomejia07,

The newest is best.

Regards,
Alec Smecher