OJS 3.1 Problems upgrading from 2.4.8.2 to 3.1.0.0

Good afternoon,

Thank you for releasing 3.1! We’re in the upgrade process and have been doing testing on on 3.0.2. We thought we’d try upgrade to 3.1 this afternoon and unfortunately we’ve hit an infinite loop in attempting to skip a submission file (that doesn’t seem to be in our files directory - in this case devojs-files).

[lacddt@lac-php-test2 tools]$ php upgrade.php check
Code version:      3.1.0.0
Database version:  2.4.8.2
Latest version:    3.1.0.0
Database version is older than code version
Run "upgrade.php upgrade" to update
[lacddt@lac-php-test2 tools]$ php upgrade.php upgrade
[pre-install]
[load: upgrade.xml]
[version: 3.1.0.0]
[code: Installer Installer::syncSeriesAssocType]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_preupdate_usageStatistics.xml (skipped)]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_preupdate_usageStatistics2.xml (skipped)]
[code: Installer Installer::removeReviewEntries]
WARNING: Unable to find a match for "1167-4677-1-RV.docx" in "/home/lib/lacddt/hostedjournals/devojs-files//journals/7//articles/1167/". Skipping this file.
WARNING: Unable to find a match for "1167-4677-1-RV.docx" in "/home/lib/lacddt/hostedjournals/devojs-files//journals/7//articles/1167/". Skipping this file.

Like I said, that docx file does seem to be missing from our 2.4.8.2 install. Unfortunately it’s not managing to skip the file.

[lacddt@lac-php-test2 1167]$ ls -R
.:
public  submission  supp

./public:
1167-4706-4-PB.pdf  1167-4707-2-PB.htm

./submission:
original  review

./submission/original:

./submission/review:

./supp:

Here’s the relevant data from the database:

MariaDB [edojs]> select file_id, article_id, file_name, file_type, original_file_name, file_stage from article_files where article_id = '1167';
+---------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------+------------+
| file_id | article_id | file_name           | file_type       | original_file_name                           | file_stage |
+---------+------------+---------------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------+------------+
|    4015 |       1167 | 1167-4015-1-SM.docx | application/zip | Ceramics tools 2014-11-17-T.docx             |          1 |
|    4677 |       1167 | 1167-4677-1-RV.docx | application/zip | 1167-4015-1-SM.docx                          |          2 |
|    4707 |       1167 | 1167-4707-2-PB.htm  | text/html       | crandell-v2n1_editorial v2.2.htm             |          7 |
|    4706 |       1167 | 1167-4706-4-PB.pdf  | application/pdf | 0-EDI-1 - v2n1 editorial piece v2.2 POST.pdf |          7 |

Any chance you can help us get past this? Maybe we could create an empty docx file and place it in the right place as a workaround? However, the script should be able to skip the file if it can’t find it shouldn’t it?

Thanks so much in advance.

P.S. I think it successfully managed to skip the file in our upgrade from 2.4.8.1 to 3.0.2.

As a workaround, I manually put a blank file called 1167-4677-1-RV.docx in an appropriate folder and had to do the same again for another missing file and now the upgrade is busy running.

Successfully upgraded to version 3.1.0.0 :smiley:

Should I create an issue on github so no one else gets the infinite loop on installation if they have missing review files?

please do, big and old installations are bound to have several missing files. I know we have.

Good morning,

Please excuse the ignorance but I can’t figure out how to create an issue on the pkp/ojs repo! The issues tab doesn’t appear.

Do I need to be given permission to create an issue? If so, my github username is ianthe. Or are issues on the pkp/ojs repo disabled?

Please help.

They take all the issues to the pkp-lib repo. See the instructions at the bottom of the page here: GitHub - pkp/pkp-lib: PKP Web Application Library

Doh! Thanks ajnyga :slight_smile:

Issue created.

3 Likes

Hi all,
The same here.
Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira