OJS 3.1 Navigation Menu on Site-Level

Hello PKP-Community,

Thank you very much for the OJS 3 release! We have started to analyse and test the new major release on our test environments. The new settings for the navigation menu looks perfect! However on the site-level I get the following error message when I try to individualise the navigation bar (edit a navigation menu item): “Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned”. Also for the primary theme navigation the items cannot be pulled to the left “assigned” side. Is this a bug or do I have to configure something else first. The test-installations are new installations with composer and npm dependencies.

Best Regards

Tahsin

1 Like

Problem solved! :slight_smile: Just needed to adjust my browser settings (allow js).

Nevertheless, I came across another problem. I am not able to delete an own navigation menu on Site-Level which I created using the new tool. (OJS 3.1.0-1) Also after creating a empty navigation menu on site-level, the whole navbar and login disappeared. Now I have to login from the journal page on this installation.

From the error log:

[Thu Dec 14 11:48:17.091063 2017] [:error] [pid 17941] [client 160.45.169.136:50503] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /data/ojs/ojs-toe-310/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/navigationMenus/NavigationMenusGridHandler.inc.php on line 218, referer: http://ojs-test.cedis.fu-berlin.de/ojs-toe-310/index.php/index/admin/settings
[Thu Dec 14 11:48:17.257602 2017] [:error] [pid 17941] [client 160.45.169.136:50503] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /data/ojs/ojs-toe-310/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/navigationMenus/NavigationMenusGridHandler.inc.php on line 218, referer: http://ojs-test.cedis.fu-berlin.de/ojs-toe-310/index.php/index/admin/settings

Could this be a small bug?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Having the same problem - following this :slight_smile:

Hi all,

See NavigationMenus Site-wide unable to drop NMIs into empty NM edit areas. · Issue #3267 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey asmecher,

That solves the problem adding and removing items from a menu - but not the part where it is impossible to delete a menu. When you press the delete button, and press yes, I get a frontend error:

Request Method:POST
Status Code:500 Internal Server Error

and looking into the stack, the following error occures at PHP level when pressing the delete button:

[25-Jan-2018 10:06:11 Europe/Copenhagen] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /srv/ojs/ojs3-looks/webroot/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/navigationMenus/NavigationMenusGridHandler.inc.php on line 218

So some kind of bug occures when trying to delete menus. I think that’s two seperate problems, and I don’t think they’re related :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Jesper.

Hi @jesperlauridsen,

Try applying this patch in lib/pkp: Resolve error when deleting site-wide menu item · pkp/pkp-lib@3227a03 · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi asmecher!

This seems to be working nicely - we’re still testing it, but it seems it solved the problem with deleting menus. Thanks alot :slight_smile:
Kind regards,
Jesper.