OJS 3.1.2 w/ Bootstrap 3-v3.1.2 doesn't display journal archive

When I install the 3.1.2 release of the plugin on a fresh installation of OJS 3.1.2 and try to view the journal archive page the journal fails and produces this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "app:app:frontendpagesissueArchive"  on line 45 "{url|assign:"prevUrl" router=$smarty.const.ROUTE_PAGE page="issue" op="archive" path=$prevPage}" unknown modifier 'assign' <-- 
  thrown in /[XXX]/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 45

It doesn’t seem to do this with other plugins, so I’m not entirely sure whether this is a problem with OJS or the Bootstrap 3 plugin. Can someone help me track down and resolve the problem?

1 Like

It is the same here.

You can solve this problem, with this code

Summary
 {* Pagination *}
		{if $prevPage > 1}
			{capture assign=prevUrl}{url router=$smarty.const.ROUTE_PAGE page="issue" op="archive" path=$prevPage}{/capture}
		{elseif $prevPage === 1}
			{capture assign=prevUrl}{url router=$smarty.const.ROUTE_PAGE page="issue" op="archive"}{/capture}
		{/if}
		{if $nextPage}
			{capture assign=nextUrl}{url router=$smarty.const.ROUTE_PAGE page="issue" op="archive" path=$nextPage}{/capture}
		{/if}

replace in this file "plugin/themes/bootstrap3/templates/frondtend/pages/issueArchive.tpl

2 Likes

Thank you very much, it was good idea, now it is working.
Thank you