[OJS 3.1.2-1] DNB plugin: white page

@bozana I installed the DNB plugin from https://github.com/ojsde/dnb/tree/ojs-stable-3_1_1. When trying to use it in the backend (Tools> Import/Export: DNB Export Plugin), I get a blank page.

PHP error log says:

[30-Sep-2019 12:43:10 state/city] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty: Unable to load template 'app:plugins/importexport/dnb/templatesindex.tpl' <-- 
  thrown in OJS/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 195

Can you please help me?

Thanks, Tobias

Hi @twa,

It looks like you’ve installed the 3.1.1 version of the plugin into a 3.1.2 installation; these are not compatible. I’m not sure who is maintaining that plugin at the moment; perhaps @carola knows?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher, oh, thank you for pointing that out! (I really should have seen this on my own …)
I’m a bit puzzled that there is such a significant difference between 3.1.2 to 3.1.1, that a plugin isn’t working any more. I’ve never suspected that.

Isn’t Bozana working on it any more? She is still mentioned on github.

Okay then, I’ll wait for Carola’s feedback.

Thanks, Tobias

Hi @twa,

We ended up including a few breaking changes in OJS 3.1.2: one necessary for the upgrade of the Smarty template library from v2 to v3, and the other to do with localizing author and user names. Normally this wouldn’t have been in an x.y.z release but external constraints made it the lesser evil. We’ve learned from the experience that we need to do a better job of documenting breaking changes (and to avoid including these in minor revisions as much as possible).

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, Alec!

@twa: We just changed the metadata mapping together with the DNB, so the DNB wouldn’t accept exports with the current plugin anyway.

Now we’re going to implement the new mapping and we will also include a branch for OJS 3.1.2. I’ll post new information in the German topics forum.

If you have URNs on the article level (as opposed to the galley level) you won’t be able to use the DNB Export Plugin.

Regards,
Carola

@carola Thank you for pointing this out. Then I’ll step over to the German forum and look for your announcements.

Thanks, Tobias