Ojs 3.1.2.0 to ojs3.2.0.1 upgrade error: fatal error: call to to member function setdata() on null in /...../lib/pkp/classes/install/installer .inc.php n line 853

Dear All,

I successfully upgraded from 2.4.8.5 to 3.1.2.0. But when i tried to upgrade further to 3.2.0.1 i encountered the following error:
fatal error: uncaught error:call to to member function setdata() on null in /…/lib/pkp/classes/install/installer .inc.php n line 853
The screenshoots about the error are attached.
Kindly guide me about solution.
I am using php 7.2
and maria db 10.

Thanks
re%20jpmi3201%20from%203120%20upgrade%20error%20on%20ejournal%20server%20i%20for%20ojs re%20jpmi3201%20from%203120%20upgrade%20error%20on%20ejournal%20server%20ii%20for%20ojs

Hi @sohailkmu,

You appear to have a data error in your OJS 3.1.2 database – a plugin setting that refers to a non-existent journal ID (context ID). Try the following SQL query:

SELECT ps.context_id FROM plugin_settings ps LEFT JOIN journals j ON (j.journal_id = ps.context_id) WHERE ps.context_id <> 0 AND j.journal_id IS NULL;

If it returns any results, these need to be removed before running the upgrade script. (Please make sure you have a good backup before modifying the database manually.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks alot for your kind reply. I tried to upgrade it to 3.2.0.2 and now it is giving errors as per attached screen shot… I have double checked db username and password.
jpmi%203202%20error

Hi @sohailkmu,

The Access denied messages are coming from MySQL; somehow in restoring from backup your database’s ownership is getting set in a way such that OJS can’t access it or its contents.

In the picture, you appear to have both display_errors and debug turned On. I’d recommend disabling both of those and using your server’s PHP error log to debug instead.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team