[OJS 3.1.1 to 3.2] upgrade error

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your help in previous issues. I went through to forum to check and see if anyone was having similar issues to me and it doesn’t look like it. Here is my issue:
I went through the initial troubleshooting steps of figuring out why my upgrade wasn’t working (configuration changes, new folder location, etc.) and upgraded my PHP version to 7.2 to prompt for the OJS Install screen. Upon clicking on the Upgrade option and clicking on the “Upgrade Open Journal Systems” button, it redirects me to a blank page that, when refreshed, merely shows me an error message stating:

Errors occurred processing this form:

I’m not sure why this is happening and I’m not sure what to do from here. I have all my old backups ready (this is on a -dev website so no impact to our production site). If this is an SQL issue, I don’t know how to check for those. I’m operating as a one man team in a department of normally 3 people due to some people leaving and the changes with closure. I might ask some follow-up questions that seem obvious so I apologize in advance.

Thank you also in advance for your help with this issue.

Hi, my name is Angelo and i work supporting an OJS website, and it can be updated with the command line i think its better if trying to update, if you interested you can contact me in WhatsApp 55 77 992071071.

Hi Angelo,

The script to run the upgrade is listed on their github documents as follows:

$ php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

I can run that but there’s two problems that I’m trying to solve here and maybe that might give some assistance to what I need to do. I cannot run Custom Reports from the current version I’m on right now for OJS (OJS 3.1.1.4). I was hoping that I could run the upgrade for OJS and solve this issue but the change requires an update to the PHP version running (5.4 to 7.2) and on top of that, the upgrade script from the web version does not run without encountering the error.

I can backup the virtual server this is all located on and run through a myriad of options and upgrades and rollback changes as needed but that’s quite a bit of time to solve what I imagine is a simple problem, hence my problem right now.

Thank you.