[OJS 3.1.1.4] Why my emails have some as www-data@my-domain in the sender section?

Hi everybody I have noticed that all my emails sended by OJS have the www-data@my-domain in the sender section causing some confusion to the editors, authors and reviewers in the OJS, is there a way to force that the emails have the information of the OJS’s users in the sender section?

www-data-emails_h

By default, OJS tries to send mail from the current user. This is generally not supported by most mail providers, and your server may substitute the system user, rather than the OJS user, for email authentication reasons.

Best practice (which requires 3.1.2 or better) is currently to configure email sending within config.inc.php to set each of the following parameters:

• allow_enveloper_sender
  • default_envelope_sender
  • force_default_envelope_sender
  • force_dmarc_compliant_from

This will send all mail from a trusted address (like www-data@mydomain, but add in reply-to addresses to route replies correctly).

In 3.1.1-4, you may be able to get most of the way there without the force_dmarc_compliant_from option, but upgrading to 3.1.2 is recommended.