OJS 3.1.1.4 Search for descriptions and additional metadata

Hello,

I’ve uploaded a number of PDF galleys and placed descriptions for each issue.
Unfortunatelly, the search gives no results (even after the /rebuildSearchIndex.php was run).
Also I have no years to choose from.

I understand OJS searches articles, but is there a possibility to search existing descriptions as well?

To add : I have enabled pdftotext, run /tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php - the result is
“Indexing “Journal …” … 0 articles indexed”
Also in Search all the years are 0.
Can someone suggest solution?

Thanks!

Hello,

additionaly I’m providing configuration setup and command line output. As it can be seen, the search does not work at all.

config.inc.php
[search]

; Minimum indexed word length
min_word_length = 3

; The maximum number of search results fetched per keyword. These results
; are fetched and merged to provide results for searches with several keywords.
results_per_keyword = 500

; The number of hours for which keyword search results are cached.
result_cache_hours = 1

; Paths to helper programs for indexing non-text files.
; Programs are assumed to output the converted text to stdout, and “%s” is
; replaced by the file argument.
; Note that using full paths to the binaries is recommended.
; Uncomment applicable lines to enable (at most one per file type).
; Additional “index[MIME_TYPE]” lines can be added for any mime type to be
; indexed.

; PDF
; index[application/pdf] = “/usr/bin/pstotext -enc UTF-8 -nopgbrk %s - | /usr/bin/tr ‘[:cntrl:]’ ’ '”
index[application/pdf] = “/usr/bin/pdftotext -enc UTF-8 -nopgbrk %s - | /usr/bin/tr ‘[:cntrl:]’ ’ '”

Command output:

root@server:/var/www/html/tools# php rebuildSearchIndex.php
PHP Warning: Declaration of PlagiarismPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/plagiarism/PlagiarismPlugin.inc.php on line 119
PHP Warning: Declaration of PlagiarismPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/plagiarism/PlagiarismPlugin.inc.php on line 119
PHP Warning: Declaration of AllowedUploadsPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/allowedUploads/AllowedUploadsPlugin.inc.php on line 136
PHP Warning: Declaration of HypothesisPlugin::register($category, $path) should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::register($category, $path, $mainContextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/hypothesis/HypothesisPlugin.inc.php on line 67
PHP Warning: Declaration of PKPUsageEventPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with LazyLoadPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/usageEvent/PKPUsageEventPlugin.inc.php on line 386
Clearing index … done
Indexing “Journal of” … 0 articles indexed

Hi @netko,

I’ve followed up on your duplicate post. Please don’t double-post the same content; it clutters the forum.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team