OJS 3.1.1.4 does not accept paypal for user purchasing articles

Hello PKP,

I installed OJS 3.1.1.4 wherein I created a journal and set up purchase article option and payment with paypal. But when a user logs in to the journal and clicks on the galley to purchase it, a blank page shows up instead of being directed to the paypal field. I would appreciate your help in solving the problem as it is seen in error log:

15-Nov-2018 02:07:31 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of SubmissionFileDAO::fromRow() should be compatible with PKPSubmissionFileDAO::fromRow($row, $fileImplementation) in /home/nduwiman/public_html/classes/article/SubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 23

[15-Nov-2018 02:07:31 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UserSettingsDAO::getSetting() should be compatible with & PKPUserSettingsDAO::getSetting($userId, $name, $assocType = NULL, $assocId = NULL) in /home/nduwiman/public_html/classes/user/UserSettingsDAO.inc.php on line 19

[15-Nov-2018 02:07:31 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UserSettingsDAO::getUsersBySetting() should be compatible with & PKPUserSettingsDAO::getUsersBySetting($name, $value, $type = NULL, $assocType = NULL, $assocId = NULL) in /home/nduwiman/public_html/classes/user/UserSettingsDAO.inc.php on line 19

[15-Nov-2018 02:07:31 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UserSettingsDAO::updateSetting() should be compatible with PKPUserSettingsDAO::updateSetting($userId, $name, $value, $type = NULL, $assocType = NULL, $assocId = NULL) in /home/nduwiman/public_html/classes/user/UserSettingsDAO.inc.php on line 19

[15-Nov-2018 02:07:31 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UserSettingsDAO::deleteSetting() should be compatible with PKPUserSettingsDAO::deleteSetting($userId, $name, $assocType = NULL, $assocId = NULL) in /home/nduwiman/public_html/classes/user/UserSettingsDAO.inc.php on line 19

[15-Nov-2018 02:07:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Interface ‘Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventSubscriberInterface’ not found in /home/nduwiman/public_html/plugins/paymethod/paypal/vendor/guzzle/guzzle/src/Guzzle/Http/RedirectPlugin.php on line 20

Hi @gil,

Please see Paypal plugin has undeclared dependency · Issue #2996 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

We went through this problem with an earlier version 3. It recurred again when upgrading to 3.1.1.4 so why was’nt applying the patch included in the upgrade?

Hi @nickpanes,

I see you’ve already posted this on [OJS 3.1.1.4] Paypal black page - #8 by nickpanes – please don’t double-post; it clutters the forum. I’ll respond there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team