[OJS 3.1.1.4] Author can not see notifications field

Authors are not able to see the notification field, including the editor decision and the reviewers comments.
How can I allow authors to see this information in the system?
Thank you,
Uriel

Hi @uricuki,

Thanks for your question. Could you please confirm what version of OJS you’re using as well as elaborate on the notification field you are referring to in your question.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern

Thank you Patricia!!
Version 3.1.1.4
The authors can’t see reviewers evaluation… there is no notification field in their view
2019-05-29_13-26-53

Hi @uricuki,

Could you confirm that the author has been granted access to access to all parts of the review/production process?

Please see User & Roles > Roles

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Yes
2019-05-29_18-57-12

Hi @uricuki

Could you provide a screenshot from the authors view?

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Yes, sure!!
This is it
Best regards and thank you!!
2019-05-29_20-32-35

Hi @uricuki,

Was the email notification sent by the editor? I noticed that those are two different journals in your screenshots.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Hi @pmangahis,
The email was sent by the editor.
There is only one journal… why do you say that there are two journals?
Best regards,
Uriel

Hi @uricuki,

The article titles on the two screenshots appear different, so I wanted to confirm that the editor view and the author view was for the same article.

Can you provide a screenshot from the submission’s editorial history (top right in editor’s workflow)?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Thank you @pmangahis
Here it goes
Best regards,
Uriel
2019-05-30_13-45-21

Hi @uricuki,

Is it possible that the decision was recorded without sending an email to the editor?

I see the decision recorded in your submission event log, but the email doesn’t appear to have been sent.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher, thank you for trying to help me, but this is not the problem, I have checked the first bullet point for each and every editorial decision, but the messages haven’t been sent and, worth than that, the authors can not see the notifications field in the system, as shown in a previous message to @pmangahis
Best regards,
Uriel

Hi @uricuki,

Hmm, it’s possible that the editor decision request recorded the decision but didn’t send the message, e.g. due to a problem. Do you see any error message or endless spinner when you try to record the editor decision? Does anything show up in your PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you @asmecher, I will check the PHP error log
Best regards,
Uriel