OJS 3.1.1.2: Automatic review reminder being sent after review confirmed completed

Hello,

We received a report from a journal manager that an automatic review reminder email was sent to a Reviewer on November 5th even though the Reviewer completed their review on time. I have confirmed in the log that the review was completed:

2018-09-11 02:49 PM Assigned

2018-09-11 02:49 PM Notified

2018-10-24 02:51 PM Reminder

2018-09-11 02:50 PM Confirm

2018-10-29 03:06 PM Completed

I had seen a previous thread on this topic (can’t find link) but in this case it is confirmed that the Reviewer completed their review.

Can anyone provide assistance?

TIA,

Tara

Hi @tkstephe,

From the review history you posted, it looks like the reminder was sent on October 24th and the review was completed on October 29th. Can you check the editorial history to confirm that another email reminder was sent on November 5th? It will say something like “An email has been sent: [sub ID] [Journal name] Submission Review Reminder.”

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I couldn’t find the email being sent in the Editorial History but I have a copy of the email that was sent and it was received on Monday, 5 November 2018 at 2:29 PM. The email itself references a deadline of October 23.

TIA,

Tara

Hi @tkstephe,

The editorial history should contain an accurate record of every email sent by the system. Is it possible there was some kind of issue with the user’s email account or institutional email system that delayed the appearance of the message sent October 24th in the user’s inbox? Unless this happens on other submissions and with other users, I would assume something like that happened.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team