[OJS 3.1.1.0] ORCID Plugin OAuth2

.I’ve set up ORCID plugin for OJS 3.1.1.0

As an ORCID user (not member), I’m using the Public API. There’s an issue when trying to register a new user to OJS journals connecting to ORCID ID: after clicking at “Authorize” button through ORCID login, I’m getting redirected to my OJS journal register page without retrieving any metadata such as First Name, Last Name, etc.

At ORCID Developer tools, my Redirect URI is the base_url from my OJS config file.

At the moment, I’m running OJS at plain HTTP (not https protocol), could this be the reason for the ORCID plugin / API not working? Is there a workaround until I migrate to a secure HTTPS connection?

I call @alainna @asmecher as I see you’ve been working with this.

Hi @gonzalognzl,

If upgrading to the latest release of OJS (currently 3.1.2-1) is an option, I would recommend it. The ORCID support has been improved since 3.1.1-0.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks @asmecher,

I will update to the last OJS version in a few months. But would like to make ORCID plugin work from now on, though.

So besides the improvement for latest version, is the plugin working for OJS 3.1.1.0?

Hi @gonzalognzl,

I’m not sure off the top of my head – that release is more than a year old. You might try looking through the issue list for references to Orcid for that version: Issues · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team