[OJS 3.1.0-1] unexpected error when delete a submission

Hi, all

An unexpected error has occurs when delete a submission.
Error following the picture , but no php error log.
any suggestion ?

Hi @phasu,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

hi @asmecher ,
no error log for this case stamp in PHP56_errors.log

Hi, @asmecher

anyway, i checked the link according to the picture above
…/api/v1/_submissions/5 it was not 404 (not found) as the error said but it was the right api 's link.

i have no idea why the error said 404.

Hi @phasu,

Agreed, and that link looks correct to me too. Is it possible that your web server is filtering/protecting DELETE requests?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi , @asmecher

i think it isn’t any filtering or protecting, but i use iis8.5 with php 5.631 is it incompatible?

btw, i m testing on the same server with xampp(Apache/2.4.25 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2j PHP/5.6.30) it’s working well for this case.

my sever is windows server 2012 r2 with iis 8.5 and php 5.631, is it ok? or OJS3.1.0-1 is just compatible with unix-like os? could you please recommend me the best condition for windows server 2012 r2 ?

Hi @phasu,

That’s a standard REST-style request, so I can’t imagine it’s not something IIS would be compatible with – but nobody on the dev team currently uses Windows/IIS, so we’re unfortunately not able to test ourselves.

I suspect this isn’t related to OJS, but rather to the web server setup, so you might try working through some of these results.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, @asmecher

i tried a lot for any version of php and Apache on my windows server 2012 r2.
now , i stopped to use iis then use Apache 2.429 + php 5.634 and it’s working well with the least errors. (other version have many problem)

i’ll try working through some of the results as you recommend.

thank you for support.

Did you found any solution for the IIS server??

Hi , @josuevalrob

in this case ,I didn’t work on IIS anymore.
Apache 2.429 and php 5.634 are my solution. (on windows server 2012 r2.)

1 Like

Most likely the DELETE request gets rejected, because the default configuration of IIS allows GET, HEAD and POST requests only. Execute the following steps to allow DELETE requests:

Go to your “Handler Mappings” select the “*.php” handler in use. Then click “Edit”, click “Request Restrictions”, select the “Verbs” tab and choose “All verbs” or set the needed ones as a comma separated list (in your case “GET, POST, PUT, DELETE”).

Source: https://serverfault.com/a/740586/355368