OJs 3.1.0-1 after upgrade from 2.4.8.1 spinner is spinning forever

Hello,

I still get spinner spinning like on image below:
Screenshot_2018-03-28_17-02-56
Do you need screenshot from phpmyadmin?

You could execute this SQL within phpmyadmin:
SELECT * FROM stage_assignments WHERE user_id NOT IN (SELECT user_id FROM users)
and tell me if there are any results…

I executed that from withing phpmyadmin and posted above. The sinner is spinning as on image above. I have got on the screen the following:
Screenshot_2018-03-28_17-00-42
Thanks

Hmmm… It seems there is no user with user_id = 3 in your DB table users, right?

You are right. It was probably deleted. Should I change ID of editor or so to id=3?

Hmmm… There are also other DB tables that have a “user_id” column, so maybe that user_id 3 is also in other DB tables. Thus, it would maybe be best to:

1. first check if there are entries in the DB table user_user_groups for user_id = 3 and delete them, if any exist
  2. copy i.e. insert a row in the DB table users, give a unique username, e-mail, etc. and give the user_id = 3 to that new row/user
  3. go to the journal’s users & roles > users, search with the option “Include users with no roles in this journal.” enabled, in order to find that new inserted/copied user (because it will have no roles now)
  4. merge that new user with another one, probably an existing editor user
    This way, merging the users, all the entries for that non-existing user 3 in the DB will be replaced with the ID of the new editor user ID, that you merged into.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

Hello,

1. In table user_user_groups there are no users with id=3
  2. created user with id=3
  3. searched user and that option was prompted, I checked it and newly created user appeared
  4. I merged user with editor’s account.
  5. I entered teh system and noticed that spinner is not spinning forever :slight_smile:
    Congratulations!