OJS 3.1.0.1 - Additional Refinements, validation probelms

Hi all

I am testing the new version of OJS before migrate to it.
I found few problem that I can’t fix.

When I Submit an Article and I reach Enter Metadata I cannot go ahead because the system doesn’t accept any valid field in “Additional Refinements” section, even if I insert value on those fields the system display the error message “Errors occurred processing this form- Required”

Please have a look at the picture attached [ojs%20medatada%20issuePNG|458x448]

I have seen that this problem has been solved in your GIT repository, eventually I can I merge your repository with my OJs 3 version.

Thanks

(upload://m7umUd9TT6F5ayf5RcS63MO40ov.PNG)

Hi @marcello8080

Could you please re-post this screenshot, no image is shown currently on your first post.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @israel.cefrin

Can you see the screenshot now?

ojs%20medatada%20issuePNG

Hi @marcello8080

It seems that you has left empty mandatory fields, could you double check that those fields are not mandatory (I can’t see which fields are them on this image).

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

The fields that the system is suggesting me to fill are all the Additional Refinements :
Languages, Subjects, Discipline, Keywords, Supporting Agencies.

I am sure that I am filling those fields but the page keep saying that they are empty and mandatory.

Hope this makes more sense now

Do you guys have any idea of what can caused this problem?
I think the best way to fix it would be keep the system constantly updated with your GIT repository, can you give me some suggestion how to do it?

Hi @marcello8080,

This fix has also been released in OJS 3.1.1.

Working with git is outside the scope of this forum, but we do maintain stable branches to allow users to work with the latest stable code in production. For OJS 3.1.1, it’s ojs-stable-3_1_1.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks @asmecher

What is the best way to keep my OJS system updated?
I am afraid that updating the system through FTP can damage the database and I can lose information in the database.
Do you have a tutorial in order to teach me how to use GIT against your repository?

Thanks a lot

Marcello

Hi @marcello8080,

There are tons of good resources online about working with git – I wouldn’t do as good a job teaching it here.

Do you have SSH access to your server? Working via FTP is painful and error-prone.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes we have SSH access, I have done some research on internet and I found out that the best way is:

• create my own git repository for my OJS 3.1.0.1 version
  • ignore the files that has to be ignored
  • clone my Git repository with your OJS 3.1.1.1 version
  • keep my version updated.

Do you agree that this is the best way to do it? What file/folder do you suggest me to ignore?

Hi @marcello8080,

Working with git is going to involve learning about branching and rebasing before you’ll be able to keep your setup reliably up to date.

I’m not sure what you mean by ignored files – can you describe?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I mean what file and folder I should add to .gitignore file.

Hi @marcello8080,

That’s a matter of taste – personally I don’t use .gitignore. But you definitely shouldn’t add anything to git that you don’t want exposed, e.g. your configuration file, public files area, etc.

Regards,
Alec Smecher