[OJS 3.0.2] Usage statistics are not shown for articles

Hello @bozana, @Vitaliy, @NateWr

I am using OJS 3.0.2 with theme Journal of Bootstrap 1.0.2. I have enabled Usage statistics plugin. However, no statistics are getting displayed in article pages. You can visit https://japtronline.com/index.php/JOAPR/article/view/156 for example.
I am not an IT expert, so kindly help me to resolve this issue and helping me from scratch. My apology for inconvenience

Hi @joapreditor,

You should be using v3.2.0.0 of the Bootstrap3 theme. You should be able to update by going to Settings > Website > Plugins in your OJS instance. Find the Bootstrap3 theme and update it there to get the latest version compatible with your site.

Hi @NateWr,
Thanks for your reply. I will try to do so. Just a confirmation. Is it compatible with the version of OJS that I am using (OJS 3.0.2)

Hi @NateWr,
When I graded the theme plugin with Bootstrap themev3.2.0.0. My website started showing http 500 errors

Kindly help me to resolve this issue

If you are able to run an old version of the Boostrap3 theme, you may not be running OJS 3.0.2. You’ll need to check your server’s error log to see the error messages when you activate the new theme.

Hi @NateWr @asmecher,
There are number of errors in php error logs. however, there is only one fatal error which I am posting over here. Can this be the reason

[21-May-2020 02:21:36 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Fatal error: Smarty error: [in frontend/components/header.tpl line 43]: syntax error: unrecognized tag ‘load_menu’ (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590) in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1094

Hi @NateWr, @asmecher
I have gone through different posts in forum and understood that Bootstrap3v3.2 is not compatible with my version of OJS (3.0.2.0)

I need to show usage statistics of articles (something like this Synthesis and characterization of ZnTe nanoparticles | Nepal Journal of Science and Technology). Please help me to do so using same version of theme. Please

HI @joapreditor,

Ah, I understand now! I thought you were on OJS version 3.2.0 but you’re actually on 3.0.2.0. I’d strongly encourage you to update. The 3.0.2.0 version is now three years old. We only provide security updates for it and, as you found, the Bootstrap theme is not compatible with that version.

Hi @NateWr
I have upgraded my journal to 3.2.0.3. I have installed bootstrap3 theme. Still I cannot see download statistics. Please help

You probably need to update the Bootstrap3 theme as well. You can do this under Settings > Website > Plugins > Plugin Gallery. Find the Bootsrap3 theme and see if it recommends an update.

Hi @NateWr,
Thanks for replying. It is showing up to date in plugin gallery

Can you check your settings for the Usage Statistics plugin under Settings > Website > Plugins > Installed. It should be enabled (checkbox on the right).

Hello @NateWr,

ya, it is enabled. However, on selecting it from settings>website. download statistics is not displayed to readers. So, I had to revert back to default manuscript, where it is showing dowload statistics

In that case I think you’ll need to start digging in a little bit deeper. Try to: