Ojs 3.0.2 unable to modify users roles

ojs 3.0.2 in spanish
I am trying to modifiy or delete user roles. All seems to be OK, a record that changes have been saved appear but when I open the user record nothing has changed.
I can create a new role, but i cannot delete or modify an existing role.
In wihich table are the roles saved? I had a look at the “role” table but making changes directly there don’t have any efect???

Hi @Erick
Are you attempting modify roles or users? It is not clear what is your intent.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Modify o delete roles

Hi @Erick

If you modify a role it will apply or grant privileges to some user under it. But if an user has more than one role (what is possible) even you revogue a privilege if other role grants it to this user, than you need update not only one but all roles of that user or remove roles from it.

Could you please attempt create and then delete a role to double check it is working?

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

I just install a fresh OJS 3.1 and i noticed that I should have a button to delete roles. This button doesn’t display.

See screenshot.

I can only add new roles, but I cannot delete nor modify existing ones…

I see also that in the OJS 3.1 the “roles” table does’nt exist anymore.

Something went wrong in the ugrade from 2.4 to 3

Any idea to fix this problema?
In wihich table are the roles now? maybe I can modify them manually

Hi @Erick

User your are logged in and user you want edit are same level roles? JM or JE?
Is your current user JM?
Please double check if your current user has granted privileges to edit others.

See here:
https://pkp.gitbooks.io/ojs3/content/en/roles_in_ojs.html

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

I am currently the JM
I think it is a roblem due to the migration.
Please tell me where are the roles now in the database structure??? (the roles tables is no more used)

Can you tell me in which table are saved the user’s roles???
Any alternative method to make the changes I need???

Hi @Erick

User roles in OJS3 are stored in user_group_settings and some relations are set in user_user_groups table, but take in mind that it’s totally not advisable and even not supported in this forum any change directly in a database.

Please, remember to backup your DB if you need restore it from any data corruption or lost.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Thanks
I don’t specialy like to have to modify DBs but if there is no more solutions i have to do it…

Maybe this help: errors messages in error_log file when openening the edit user window:

[15-Dec-2017 18:10:19 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UserUserGroupListbuilderHandler::initialize() should be compatible with ListbuilderHandler::initialize($request, $addItemLink = true) in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel/lib/pkp/controllers/listbuilder/users/UserUserGroupListbuilderHandler.inc.php on line 0
[15-Dec-2017 18:10:19 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UserUserGroupListbuilderHandler::authorize() should be compatible with GridHandler::authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments, $enforceRestrictedSite = true) in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel/lib/pkp/controllers/listbuilder/users/UserUserGroupListbuilderHandler.inc.php on line 0
[15-Dec-2017 18:10:19 Europe/Madrid] PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of UserUserGroupListbuilderHandler::loadData() should be compatible with GridHandler::loadData($request, $filter) in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel/lib/pkp/controllers/listbuilder/users/UserUserGroupListbuilderHandler.inc.php on line 0
[15-Dec-2017 18:10:19 Europe/Madrid] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Request::getContext() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/ThemePlugin.inc.php on line 409
[15-Dec-2017 18:10:19 Europe/Madrid] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/urgcnwev/public_html/aeet-rel/classes/core/Request.inc.php on line 68

Hi @Erick

Did you change database directly or it is just when you attempt to edit an user?

Regards,
Israel Cefrin

Yes I made the changes directly in the DB.
I have to change the roles of 5 users and my client cannot wait…

Have you any idea of the badfunction of the edit user window??? any solution?

Thanks for your help.

Erick