OJS 3.0.2 QuickSubmit plugin, problems with abstract and keywords

Hi,
Using QuickSubmit plugin today, I have noticed some bugs:

1. If you define section so that it doesn’t need abstract, when using quicksubmit plugin you will still have to enter at least one blank space in abstract field because when you select section page doesn’t update information about abstract field mandatory.
  2. If for some reason you get error on quicksubmitt plugin page your keywords are missing so you have to enter them again.

Hello,

Bumping into your questions, @knjigor, with the QuickSubmit plugin, and considering you might be experiencing the same, I add the following:

1. when we try to “Add Galley”, and save, the spinner enters its doom cycle and never finishes. If we close that window and hit or browse on other thing, it creates the galley entry. It wasn’t like this a few days ago.

Log: PHP Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/EditingProductionStatusNotificationManager.inc.php on line 188,

I understand the output, but this wasn’t an issue before and I don’t see how with the corrections I’ve been making that it messes this up.

Best regards

Hi @digitojs we don’t experience that problem in our installations (I’m administrating 6 OJS 3.0.x instances and most of them are managed by QuickSubmit plugin). But I think that was a problem with one of first versions of plugin for 3.0.x version.

Hi @knjigor,

I’ve filed both of these for attention:

@digitojs, I think you’re experiencing different issues than @knjigor. Could you post these as a new topic, including as much information as possible (e.g. your OJS version)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher Is there a patch for this issue or is it resolved in a newer version of OJS 3 than 3.1.0.0 ?

Hi @LuqmanH,

Which issue? There are several referenced here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The issue with abstracts fields appearing as ‘required’ when using Quick Submit despite section rules being set to ‘no abstract required’ for, say Editorial or Book Review sections.

To add to this. We upgraded one of our instances to 3.1.1 where staff are using Quick Submit to add archive content. The Abstract field was reset to not required (ie no asterisk by the box) when the user selects Editorial (for example) but when adding content the required field error returns. Screen grab attached.
Required%20field%20issue%20in%20Quick%20Submit

Hi @LuqmanH,

That’s currently filed for attention at QuickSubmit plugin abstract requirement status check should depend on section · Issue #2644 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub, and at the moment it’s not yet implemented.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi -
We have hit the same problem at our end. Is there a workaround or a rough estimate when a fix will be available?
Cheers from Switzerland,
Andrea

1 Like