[OJS 3.0.2 --> 3.1] Main Menu is Corrupted

Hi! After upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.1 all English main menus look corrupted. Some labels are missing.
Here is what it looks like:

Here is what we have in Navigation Menus:

Please, help!

Hi @Ph_We,

Thank you for upgrading your OJS installation.

Could you please provide us with some more information regarding the process you used to upgrade, any error logs during the upgrade and your site/journal locale setup?

Thanks,
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

@Dimitris_Efstathiou, thanks for your answer. The upgrade process was standard (we do not use git repository).
The journals are multilingual: English and Russian (with additional French for UI).This issue is only related to the English menu.
There were no significant errors as far as I know (I’ll be able to check this on Monday).

@Ph_We something else that will help us reproduce the problem: the journal having the problem had both English and Russian assigned before the upgrade, and by this order?

Thanks,
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

@Dimitris_Efstathiou,
All the journal have exactly the same problem. Here is what we got before the upgrade:

Hi @Ph_We,

I filed an issue on that: Navigation Menus - not all default NMIs get translated upon install/upgrade · Issue #2987 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Regards,
@Dimitris_Efstathiou

Hi @Dimitris_Efstathiou,

Thank you again for your help. But we seem to have something much nastier here. We’ve made a second attempt to upgrade, now with the whole clone of our site. And the issue is reproduced again for all the journals, even for those having only one (English) locale set up. Even if I create a new journal, I get the same corrupted menu.

What is most troublesome, is that there is no system. For some items all labels are missing, for other only the English ones. So they get changed into Russian even if English locale is chosen. Would you please take a look at it (please, see the PM).

Best,
Ivan

We upgraded from OJS 3.0.2 to OJS 3.1.0 and are experiencing the same issue. Our site is an English-only site with the locale set as en_US.

Is there a fix for this or will it be in 3.1.1?

Thanks.

I fixed this by following @Vasyl_Ostrovskyi’s instructions about the database tables in this thread: Menu problem in OJS 3.1 (bug?) - #8 by Vasyl_Ostrovskyi. We had our locale originally set as en_GB which I guess meant that the strings from the locale files weren’t copied into the database properly since there is no en_GB locale file.

Thanks!

Now we have upgraded from 3.0.2 to 3.1.0-1 and the issue with the English and Russian locales seems to be fixed. But now every other locale has the same issue. We tried French (Canada), French (France) and German. All of them do not have any translation keys for the main menu.