Ojs 3.0.1 keeps kick me back to installation page

hi, i was trying to install ojs 3.0.1 on localhost.
when i filled the form and hit the install button, it took me back to the installation page.
i dont have any idea what is wrong since it never show something wrong since i have met all the requirements to install i think

Hi @Aziz_Fajar,

Can you post a complete screenshot of the installation form you get once you’ve submitted?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

here how it looks like, but whenever i hit the install button it takes me back to this page again and again with no error messages and the same exact fill on the form.

Hi @Aziz_Fajar,

did you check if your config.inc.php file is installed = On?

1 Like

Hi @Aziz_Fajar,

Try using an admin username that’s all lower case and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@rafaelmansilha i think that is not the case, since it will be done once the installation successful
@asmecher thanks for your help, the installation has been successful :grinning:

(For what it’s worth, I think the problem was this issue regarding the overly subtle display of error messages on the installation form.)

@asmecher, I have similar case, but when i click the install button the page was blank in url address = http://localhost/ojs/index.php/index/install/install
here the screenshot after install

what must i do?

Hi @gunawan,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello… I’m hoping you can help with a problem similar to user gunawan;

I was not having any luck with the OJS install page while running php 5.5. After scaling back to php 5.3, the install page loaded; however, after creating the database and entering the information in the install page, the process doesn’t complete to the install successful page.

A similar problem on the PKP OJS forum Ojs 3.0.1 keeps kick me back to installation page - #8 by gunawan
displays the same problem, a 500 error stating that synaviro.net is not currently available. The support person suggested checking the php log file for errors.

I had my hosting support person attempt the same install and review the php error log, here are the results:

error using php53
[29-Jun-2017 20:11:09 UTC] PHP Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /hsphere/local/home/synavrio/synavrio.net/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 326
[29-Jun-2017 20:11:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getVersionString() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/synavrio/synavrio.net/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 233
[29-Jun-2017 20:11:09 UTC] PHP Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /hsphere/local/home/synavrio/synavrio.net/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 326
[29-Jun-2017 20:11:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getVersionString() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/synavrio/synavrio.net/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/file/FileWrapper.inc.php on line 133

error using php52
[29-Jun-2017 16:12:16] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /hsphere/local/home/synavrio/synavrio.net/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php on line 10
[29-Jun-2017 16:12:22] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘{’ in /hsphere/local/home/synavrio/synavrio.net/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php on line 10

I’m following all of the install instructions - not sure what the problem is… Your help would be much appreciated.

Mark

Hi @mgaither,

Were you able to capture the error messages you were getting with PHP5.5?

I would recommend using the latest release of OJS 3.x. OJS 3.0.1 is already outdated.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello Alec,

I updated to OJS 3.0.1 and continue to have the same problem. I followed
the FAQ that recommended changing the rewrite rules in the .htaccess file.
Still getting the same problem after the install. Here’s the php error.

[Sat Jul 08 01:24:42 2017] [error] [client 65.183.208.218] File does not
exist: /hsphere/local/home/synavrio/synavrio.net/index.php, referer:
http://synavrio.net/index.php/index/index

Mark

Hi @mgaither,

That looks like an Apache error message, not a PHP error message. Are you sure that’s from the right log file?

Have you tried with the disable_path_info setting enabled?

Regards,
Alec Smecher