OJS 2.x Sword plugin OnDataUpdate event

Hi,
We are using OJS 2.4.6 and have a plan to use Sword plugin for DSpace. My question is regarding the update procedure. Is the data transmission automatic? I mean in cases like: updating article metadata, adding new article and so forth. Does the plugin know about the data update in order to update the DSpace respectively?

Many thanks,
Mehran Toreihi

Hi @mtoreihi

You can set deposits through SWORD in automatic mode, but even with this setting you will need assess in DSPACE each deposit made by the plugin in your repository (approve it or not).
Also, if you enable auto mode you may encounter some kind of duplicity. As I don’t have a deep knowledge in DSPACE I can only guess that this system should give you a kind of merge option to update metadata. But, open till now, it will treat an article update like a new submission and you will have adjust it in your DSPACE endpoint.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Israel,
Thank you so much for your answer. I 'll give it a try. Have you ever set up such a scenario? If so, please share any information that might be useful.

Warm regards,
Mehran

Hi @mtoreihi

Unfortunately I have no experience managing content in DSPACE that way. What I can say is to pay attention in which mode you will want deposit from OJS to DSPACE. I suggest that you set it in Manager manual action, to have a comprehensive control over this workflow.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team