OJS 2.x section editor submission acknowledgement message

Hello all,

We are experiencing a strange situation with our 2.x install.
It has multiple journals migrated from separate installs into it.
One particular journal had section editors assigned to a section for a while.
They still receive the submission acknowledgement message, even though they do not have that role anymore, and don’t show up as section editors in said journal.

Any ideas?

Hi @ramon,

Check Journal Setup step 3 to see if their email is in the submission acknowledge recipient list; check step 1 to see if their email is still listed as a contact.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher,

Setup seems ok.
No contact is set to receive submission acknowledgement in step 3.6 (checkboxes unchecked and no email address informed!), and a single person is set as the contacts in steps 1.2 and 1.3.

Hi @ramon,

Then I suspect they have a leftover entry in section_editors. In SQL, check that table’s contents for their user ID for any of the journal’s sections; if you’d rather not use SQL directly, you can temporarily re-enroll them as a Section Editor in the journal, then edit each section and look for entries there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

There are only 2 user_ids registered in the section_editors table.
All from one single journal. They share the same 9 sections as section editors.

Hi @ramon,

My recollection of the exact details back on 2.x is getting foggy, but I’m afraid the only possibilities I can think of is that either the database conditions when the acknowledgement was sent are different than the ones you’re looking at now, or that this user sent the submission themselves and received the acknowledgement as an author.

Regards,
Alec Smecher