OJS 2.4.8 readers registration

Veterinaria México OA (ISSN: 2448-6760)
http://veterinariamexico.unam.mx/index.php/vet/index

In Journal Management > Plugin Management > Generic Plugins, I enable the Web Feed Plugin
I want to know if the readers must be registered (-Step 4. Managing the Journal > User registration) to recive any notification from the web Feed Plugin?

Thanks

Hi @Nora,

The web feed plugin uses RSS/Atom, so people that want to subscribe to its data will need to add the RSS/Atom link to their own feed reader. This doesn’t require any particular registration or role.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I just enabled it in the left bar.
Thanks

Best regards.

Hello, I’m trying to find out if statistics can be generated for RSS subscriptions. If people don’t need to register in order to subscribe, maybe that’s not possible. However, has that changed in the most recent version of OJS?

Thank you,

Alisdair

Hi @alisdairmacrae,

This is an older post, so you might be better off posting your question in a new post. This helps keep things organized. I will say, though, that I’m not sure that statistics are kept for RSS feeds in OJS, and I can’t find any examples of other discussions of that here on the forum. You can get an overview of OJS statistics capabilities here: Statistics

-Roger
PKP Team

1 Like