OJS 2.4.8: highlighted colors are missing in the IN REVIEW section. Papers are totally uncolored

Dear PKP Team,

In some of our systems (OJS 2.4.8) I observed that in the IN REVIEW section of the editors in some cases the classes (those for highlighting the items in different colors) are missing.
I checked the view source and found that for example the class="highlightNoDecision " was missing. The first two papers are okay, while the rest 5 appear totally uncolored with only and no classes were added, even if they had to be colored.

Could you please help me with any advice in this regard?

I have tried to install a fresh version of OJS 2.4.8 and then to connect directly to the same database but the situation was the same. I suppose that this error might have been occurred due to the database. A specific/unusual character in the database (for example a mathematical sign in the title, sigma/beta or any other unusual character) could occur this error?
I can send screen shot images as examples and html codes as well.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Tibor

Hi @kocsort,

I’d suggest walking through the getHighlightClass function to see how it classifies submissions – see ojs/SectionEditorSubmission.inc.php at ojs-stable-2_4_8 · pkp/ojs · GitHub
for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team