OJS 2.4.8 CrossRef Plugin bugs?

In OJS 2.4.8 CrossRef Plugin, I think there is a bug in generating “Export Issues”. see pic

When clicking “Export”, the exported XML file contains DOI crossref registration, which contains “<pages/” tags for certain items. In my case, there are “Guide for contributors”, “Editorial Personnel” and “From the Editors”.

The above 3 items contains “<pages/” tags, which are not allowed for crossRef submission. So two questions:
Sorry. I was unable to upload the XML file for reference.

1. How can I fix this problem with OJS? seems to add a “publication_date” in somewhere
  2. Any plan to fix this bug?

Thanks,

Hi @Y_H

I am not sure, that I understand the problem: You have an empty “pages” element (<pages/>), right? – I’ll take a look at that…
If the publishing date is missing, you would have to enter it in OJS…

Best,
Bozana

Can you paste the relevant section (or the whole XML) which contains the <pages /> node? I can’t see in the current code, or the prior code, how you wouldn’t at least get a <first_page> element inside the <pages> element.

Surround the XML with three backticks to format it:

``` ```

The journal issues is available at https://journals.uair.arizona.edu/index.php/jmmss/issue/view/1021

The XML file can be found at

Got it. This is a bug specific to 2.4.8-0, specifically in representing non-numeric pages (such as roman numerals).

There is a workaround for this here:

This simply avoids processing non-numeric pages. It is available in 2.4.8-1 and later.

Ultimately, this was rewritten to better align with CrossRef specifications:

This will be part of the standard release in 2.4.9.

Thanks much for the update!