OJS 2.4.8.1 -> Utilizing Digital Commons embed code

Good afternoon,

The last time I needed some help, I was able to get everything I needed here so I wanted to ask another question of something I’m unsure of.

Recently, the department of the university who’s journal we are hosting wanted to know if it were possible to embed the Bepress Digital Commons Network Readership Activity Map onto the main page of the OJS site that we host. After looking into the topic, gathering more information about the code specifics, and exactly where this information would go, I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t know enough about the OJS system and editing the systems code to even begin to test with this.

My question is this: has anyone attempted to embed something similar to their OJS platform? If so, how did you do it? Where would the information go? What changes had to be made in order to get the feature functioning?

If it’s not possible, please tell me ASAP so I can inform the department that inquire about it.

Thank you very much,

Hi @charlescmyers,

What’s involved? Is it a simple JS/HTML embed, or something more complicated?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks for responding. From what I can tell, the actual map itself is an embed that would would be a combination of JS/HTML.

Now that I’ve had some time to discuss the possibilities with my supervisor and our director, we aren’t going to move forward with the project. For future reference on this, though, would something like this be possible? And if so, how would we go about doing it?

Here’s the actual link to the code itself, as an example based off the same map hosted on another website:
http://ir.uiowa.edu/embed_map.html

Thank you for your help in this.

Hi @charlescmyers,

Yes – at a glance, this could be as simple as dropping the generated Javascript/HTML into a setup field.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team