OJS-2.4.7.1 rebuildSearchIndex.php issue

Do I need to worry about this error below?

root@ojshosting4:/var/www/cjcp/cjc/tools# php rebuildSearchIndex.php
Clearing index … done
Indexing “Canadian Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy / Revue canadienne de counseling et de psychothérapie” … ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /var/www/cjcp/cjc/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php
At line: 135
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.5.46-0ubuntu0.14.04.2

Thanks,
Edward

Hi @EdwardDavid,

This suggests that you’ve got a slight data incompatibility in one of your tables. Generally this won’t cause you any trouble, but if you want to pin it down, you’'ll need to find out what the system is doing when this message arises. One way to do that would be to turn on the “debug” option in config.inc.php and re-run the search index rebuild script; this will dump all SQL queries. Beware that visitors to the site will also experience this behavior while the option is enabled.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
I enabled debug and reran the rebuildSearchIndex.php.

I am now getting :-
Clearing index … -----
(mysql): DELETE FROM article_search_object_keywords

1205: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
ADOConnection._Execute(DELETE FROM article_search_object_keywords, false)% line 864, file: /var/www/cjcp/cjc/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php
ADOConnection.Execute(DELETE FROM article_search_object_keywords, false)% line 226, file: /var/www/cjcp/cjc/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php
DAO.update(DELETE FROM article_search_object_keywords)% line 212, file: /var/www/cjcp/cjc/classes/search/ArticleSearchDAO.inc.php
ArticleSearchDAO.clearIndex()% line 328, file: /var/www/cjcp/cjc/classes/search/ArticleSearchIndex.inc.php
ArticleSearchIndex.rebuildIndex(true, null)% line 51, file: /var/www/cjcp/cjc/tools/rebuildSearchIndex.php

DB Error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

root@ojshosting4:/var/www/cjcp/cjc/tools#

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks,
Edward