OJS 2.4.6 very slow

I have installed OJS 2.4.6. It works ok but it is very slow. I have more applications in my server running with Mysql and PHP and run fast. Any idea about this problem?

Hi @MIRIAM_PUENTE_GARCIA,

Is it slow only for certain things, or generally slow?

Does your server run on Windows? Windows servers are known to run more slowly with OJS than Linux-based ones, due to the way that we use cache files.

Please double-check that your cache/ directory has file permissions correctly set so that OJS can create and administer files there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It is generally slow. The server runs on Linux and the cache/ directory has the correct permissions

Hi @MIRIAM_PUENTE_GARCIA,

That sounds like a reasonably standard hosting environment; we have plenty of users hosting on Linux without trouble. I’m afraid you’ll need to do some further investigation on your own server. Check to make sure you’re running a PHP opcode cache of some kind; look at the server’s load statistics to see whether you’re running into a PHP-based limitation or a database one; etc. Unfortunately I won’t be able to guide you through this remotely; server environments are all subtly different and it’s impossible to provide generalized instructions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team