OJS 2.4.5 Journal management missing

Hello,

Since we upgraded to 2.4.5, neither of the two administrators can access that function : the Home page comes up instead…

Other problems I mentioned before:

• the captcha doesn’t work any more;
  • the plugin View Report no longer functions properly (ignores all articles after january 2014);
  • the Toggle Language button fails by moments.

Kinds regards,
Ivan Arickx

Hi @Ivan_Arickx,

What version did you upgrade from?
Did anything unusual happen during the upgrade process?
Have you checked your PHP error log to see if anything unusual is reported?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,

Thanks for reacting so quickly.
I do’nt know what version it was, probably 2.3.xx and I did not check the error log. Nothing special during the upgrading process, but afterwards I noticed some text fields had disappeared from the French version: the system had located them in “Fr_Ca”. It took me a while to identify and correct that error. By now I guess the “Fr_CA” part should be empty.

Regards,
Ivan Arickx

Hi @Ivan_Arickx,

Are those Fr_Ca and Fr_CA capitalizations what you saw in your system? It should always be xx_YY (e.g. fr_CA).

You can check the version you upgraded from by looking in the versions table. (This would also be available in Site Administration but I’m not sure you have access to that.)

It’s a good idea to check your PHP error log – something might well appear there if you’re having trouble accessing e.g. Journal Management.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

The capitalizations were correct (I quoted by heart).

But I’m afraid we are going in circles: neither the versions table nor the PHP error log are accessible if not logged in as Administrator.
Could you please restore the Administrator function for myself (fixxion21@gmail.com mailto:fixxion21@gmail.com) and Alexandre Gefen (gefen@fabula.org mailto:gefen@fabula.org) ? So we could upgrade to the current version.
I checked: the last upgrade was from 2.3.7 to 2.4.5.

Kind regards,
Ivan Arickx

Hi @Ivan_Arickx,

You should be able to access the versions table using something like phpMyAdmin or another MySQL client – the details will depend on your hosting environment. And I’ll definitely need to know whether something is showing up in your error log before I can debug this further.

We can provide assistance here but stop short of logging into third-party servers – I won’t be able to fix your installation from here, unfortunately. But if we’re able to debug what happened I should be able to guide you through it.

Regards,
Alce Smecher