OCS - URL paths problem

Hi all

I have to set up a conference website for an annual conference. So far, I have successfully installed OCS 2.3.6 on a virtual machine (Windows Server) with Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.6. In our environment the application has to be accessed via a reverse proxy server.

When trying to access the OCS system via the proxy (http://my_reverse_proxy/ocs/index.php), only the index
page is rendered; the stylesheet does not load at all since all URL paths to javascript and stylesheets are generated incorrectly, e.g. http://my_reverse_proxy/ocs/index.php,%2520my_reverse_proxy/ocs/lib/pkp/styles/common.css.

Any idea what goes wrong here? Many thanks in advance.

Hi @grle,

You may need to force OCS to generate URLs rather than auto-detecting which is its default behavior. See the base_url[...] setting in your config.inc.php; you’ll likely need several of these.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec

Many thanks for your advice.

I’ve tried out different base_url[…] directives in config.inc.php (basically, base_url[index] and base_url[conference_path]).
Unfortunately, however, the problem remains.

Are there possibly further configuration settings, which should be considered here? Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions…

Best regards

Lena

Hi @grle,

Does your proxy attempt to rewrite or filter HTML?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec, thanks for your quick reply; actually, our proxy does not rewrite or filter HTML. Also, all stylesheets and javascript files are properly located under the web root directory (Apache\htdocs\ocs). I really have no idea what the problem is, so I’d greatly appreciate any help…

Hi @grle,

You may need several base_url directives…

base_url[index] = "..."
base_url[conferencePath] = "..."
base_url[conferencePath][index] = "..."
base_url[conferencePath][scheduledConferencePath] = "..."

…where conferencePath and scheduledConferencePath correspond to the paths for your conference and scheduled event. We use a reverse proxy for our own hosting, and had stanzas like these.

Regards,
Alec Smecher