OCS issues: no logout, empty pages, empty e-mails

Good day, friends.
We’ve installed OCS 2.3 system for our society (Ukrainian Biophysics Society) conferences and translated it. In general, it works fine, but at the moment, there are some issues.

1. The logout doesn’t work. When we try to log out, we’ve get the next URL with empty page: http://ubpsoc.ho.ua/ocs/index.php/upbs15/UBPSC6/login/signOut .
    After entering the conference page again, the user’s still the same, no log out.
  2. Some pages are shown as blank. For example, after trying to view the “All Enrolled Users” page, we’ve get the blank page on URL: http://ubpsoc.ho.ua/ocs/index.php/upbs15/index/manager/people/all?clearPageContext=1 . After deleting “?clearPageContext=1” manually in address bar, we’ve got a fully functional page with users listed. Is it possible to fix the issue?
  3. No e-mail templates in e-mail messages - neither in English, nor in Ukrainian. For example, after submitting an abstract or registering, user receives blank message on e-mail. In case of sending e-mail manually (from system) no template text is shown in the message area. E-mail templates (on translator plugin page) still contain text. That issue is crucial for us. How to fix it?
    Best, Illya Kuznetsov.

Hi @KuznetsovIllya,

Have you checked your PHP error log? That’s a good place to start, particularly for the logout issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the hint. The update from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 fixed blank pages and logout issues. Still have a strange behavior of translated email templates:
for making them work, I go to “Prepared Emails”, switch from Ukrainian (no templates listed at all) to English (all templates are available, but in English only) and then copy the translated email templates from Translate plugin section to Prepared Emails section. Weird, frankly saying. Perhaps, I don’t understand properly the email templates procedures.

Hi @KuznetsovIllya,

The translator plugin works with the XML files directly, but the Prepared Emails area works with the database into which the XML is loaded. Since your conference is already created and operating, OCS won’t reload the XML files if you change them. You can reload the emails from XML into the database using the Site Administrator’s “languages” page – but make sure you back up your database first, just in case. (This only applies to Prepared Emails – changes made to the other locale files will take effect immediately.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@KuznetsovIllya
Hi, I have the same issue, I would like to know how you finally fix the problem with

1. logout no function.
  2. “?clearPageContext=1” makes blank pages.
    Thank you very much.

Hello I have the same trouble… I can’t logout!
I get blank page HTTP ERROR 500
Neither in manager/people?clearPageContext=1.
How to write in error_log file?
I get many errors! CAUGHT EXCEPTION: Non-static method
Is there an update?

Hi @getit,

The likely cause is that the last release of OCS is not compatible with PHP 7.x. We have adapted the git repository to include PHP7 support but have not formally released that as OCS is not undergoing active development.

Regards,
Alec Smecher