[OCS] Invite the same reviewer repeatedly

Hello there,
Once a reviewer send his recommendation to editor, he cannot be invited to be a viewer again. In my case if the recommendation is “revisions required”, he could be the reviewer to check the work. How can I do to realize this function?

Thanks

Hi @shawnhy,

Unfortunately, in OCS after the author receives a “revisions required” request and uploads their revised submission, there is not an opportunity to do a second round of review, with the same reviewer or a different reviewer. You can select “Abstract followed by proposal” under Conference Setup > Submissions, which adds a second round of review for the full submission, after the first review of an abstract only, although this is a little different.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you. Now I know that OCS in native doesn’t allow re-inviting a same reviewer.
Do you think it is possible to do customization on it? How wide this customization will effect other functions?
I read another thread regarding OJS re-inviting reviewer (t/ojs-re-invite-reviewer/5159), thought I have not try OJS before. Do you recommend me to migrate my case to OJS?

Hi @shawnhy,

OJS does support a second round of review. The other question you referred to is about how to re-invite a reviewer who has turned down the review. If a reviewer has accepted the review, they can participate in the first and second rounds of reviews. You could explore how this is done in OJS to get an idea of what customization would be involved to implement it in OCS. I am not a developer so I don’t know how to do it, but I expect it would take some time and resources. If it is something you want to try you could use this forum to ask for advice from developers.

One concern with doing extensive customization is that upgrades to the next version of the software can be more complicated. PKP is planning to release a new version of OCS in the second quarter of 2018 and it will allow multiple rounds of reviews.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team