OAI-PMH Registration

Hello,

When I try to register my journal on the OAI-PMH website, it don’t work. I receive this email.
Failure summary
Checking ListIdentifiers response

REQUEST:
https://journal.amaquen.org/index.php/joqie/oai?verb=ListIdentifiers&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&set=joqie
GET
FAIL: The response to the ListIdentifiers verb with metadataPrefix oai_dc
contained no identifiers. Without at least one identifier, we cannot proceed
with the validation tests.
FAIL: ABORT: No identifiers in response to ListIdentifiers. Without an
identifier we cannot proceed with validation tests.
Can you please suggest me how can i fix it?

Thanks

Hi @cimqusef,

Your journal appears to publish only in whole-issue format (“issue galleys”). The OAI interface is designed to work on an article-by-article basis. It won’t provide information about issue galleys without modifications to the OAI code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank yous for your response @asmecher. The journal is publishing in issue galleys because we just use OJS and we transfer to it our old publications. And now, there is any solution to the problem?

Hi @cimqusef,

I would suggest considering publishing by article, rather than just with entire issues. You’re losing other important capabilities beyond just the OAI interface, such as Google Scholar indexing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you @asmecher but the procedure is too long.

How to publish manuscripts, **article-by-article basis?
Instead of whole-issue format (“issue galleys”)

1 Like

Hi @IJELLH,

Are you asking about “continuous publishing”? That’s not related to this thread, so I’d suggest asking in a new topic (if you don’t see a relevant answer by searching the forum for “continuous publication”).

Regards,
Alec Smecher