OAI-PMH Error: "No incremental harvesting (day granularity) of ListRecords"

We are at OJS 3.3.0.3 and the editor of a journal told me that the OAI-PMH wasn’t working according to an indexer, and when I tried, all our journals gave the exact same result on http://oval.base-search.net/ validator:
image

ERROR: No incremental harvesting (day granularity) of ListRecords: Harvest for reference date 2021-09-20 returned no records. Please make sure that the from and until parameters are evaluated.

ERROR: No incremental harvesting (full granularity) of ListRecords: Harvest for reference date 2021-09-20T18:04:43Z returned no records. Please make sure that the from and until parameters are evaluated.

What is causing that? And how can I fix it? For reference, this is one of the journals: https://periodicos.fclar.unesp.br/alfa/oai

Hi @luizborges,

I just noticed your post. I am a member of the BASE-Team at Bielefeld University. We are indexing a lot of OJS installations and we are also providing OVAL. This might have something to do with a bug in OJS 3.3.0.x concerning the “completeListSize” value in OAI-PMH. This bug seemed to be fixed in OJS 3.3.0.8.

In the OAI interface of OJS 3.3.0.x installations the number of documents given in “completeListSize” is changing (which it should not do!) when executing a resumptionToken to get to the next OAI results page. Exeample: On the first page the “completeListSize” is 1000, the “cursor” is 0. On the next page (100 results per page) the “completeListSize” is “900” and the cursor “100”. Per definition the number in “cursor” shows the current position, but completeListSize must not change and always have to stay the same, because this is the number of results all in all.

In BASE we just recently stumbled upon this bug. In same cases “completeListSize” reaches “0”, also there are more results. In this case executing the resumptionToken ends up in error and harvesting is aborted.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. I haven’t been able to correctly pinpoint the error, but after updating to 3.3.0.8 it was solved.

But I just checked now and something else seems to have popped up that didn’t have after the update:
image

This is the section with the line 23 in question:
image

Hi @luizborges ,

you can safely ignore this error message in our OAI validator OVAL. The problem is, that OVAL can’t follow the redirect from DCMI: DCMI Metadata Terms to DCMI: DCMI Metadata Terms and throws this error message. We were not able to solve this issue on our side yet, so you still get this error message. If you get this error message you can suggest your source in BASE (or similar services) nevertheless