OAI change dublin core fields

Hi,

I want to add a new field on the dublin core OAI export. I found a bug that want to do that: https://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5077 but I not working and I don’t see an option to change it on the wiki.

Is there a place where I can look to change that?

Regards and thanks for the help.

Hi @rsantellan,

We’re currently doing maintenance on our Bugzilla installation (and will likely archive and remove it in the near future). We’re using github issues instead (though some issues are still filed in Bugzilla and not migrated to github). Meanwhile, you can access Bugzilla entries via the wayback machine: Bug 5077 – Make OAI DC identifier configurable

Can you describe what you want to do?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher I want the following fields:

• dc.title.subtitle
  • dc.description.abstract
  • dc.identifier.issn
  • dc.format.extent
  • dc.description.tableofcontents
  • dc.coverage.temporal

To the OAI export so I can use them on a dspace.
Is there anyway to achieve this?

Regards

Hi @rsantellan,

Which of our applications are you using, and what version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I’m using Open Journal Systems 2.4.6.

Thanks for all the help @asmecher!

Hi @rsantellan,

In OJS 2.4.x, the mapping to the Dublin Core format that’s used in OAI is implemented in plugins/metadata/dc11/filter/Dc11SchemaArticleAdapter.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks @asmecher!
To change the schema that is in use I have to upload the new one on the server and change this files:

• lib/pkp/plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/dc/PKPOAIMetadataFormatPlugin_DC.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/dc/PKPOAIMetadataFormat_DC.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/classes/oai/OAI.inc.php

To add the new url there?

Regards and thank a lot for all the help!

Hi @rsantellan,

If you want to alter the existing DC mapping, then you’ll want to edit the files that are already in place on your server. If you want to add a new metadata format, you can copy the various DC files and introduce a new prefix to the OAI interface. But I’m not sure I understand the question correctly?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,
I only want to add the ISSN to the OAI so I will edit those files. Is there any documentation on the subject? Or is only on the code?

Thanks for all the help! Regards

Hi @rsantellan,

We don’t have any documentation at the moment that addresses that. The code self-documentation is also available here if it helps: http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/doxygen/stable/html/index.html

Regards,
Alec Smecher