NotifyReviewer doesn't work with only one journal

I know this is strange, but it seems that when I click on the little envelope it’s doesn’t show me the email form.
The page only refresh.

This is the link address of the mail : www.site.com/editor/notifyReviewer?reviewId=491&articleId=420

I tested with other journal and the link does work !

Thank you

Hi @Tchevass,

I presume you’re using OJS; what version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yes sorry, OJS 2.4.7-1

Hi @Tchevass,

Can you check whether the relevant email template has been marked “Disabled” in the Journal Manager’s “Prepared Emails” interface?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This is what I see : http://imgur.com/kyZdofz

Hi @Tchevass,

The REVIEW_REQUEST email looks OK – but also check the REVIEW_REQUEST_ATTACHED, REVIEW_REQUEST_ATTACHED_SUBSEQUENT, REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK, REVIEW_REQUEST_ONECLICK_SUBSEQUENT, and REVIEW_REQUEST_SUBSEQUENT email templates. Depending on the situation, any one of these might be used.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes, those are also activated.

I really don’t know what else to do…

Hi @Tchevass,

Are you seeing this problem only with a single submission, or with all submissions for a journal? If it’s only a single submission, check to make sure that the reviewer exists – if a reviewer has somehow been removed from the database, then you’ll see behavior like you describe.

Alternately, I would suggest going into the code. The function that handles this is in classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php, in the notifyReviewer function. You can use PHP’s error_log function to record error log text to help debug.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

There are currently 3 submissions that are currently In Review for this journal and I get this problem for all of them.

I will try to debug it with error_log .

Thank you.

I got it finally, one of the template was desactivated. I printed the $emailTemplate and activated the one that it is used by notifyReviewer.

Thank you very much