Not all email templates displaying

We want to invite a layout editor or send copy-editing requests but not all our emails are displaying. We select them from the drop-down list but then it does not populate the email.

We are currently on version 3.1.0.1.

Regards
Nadine

Hi @NadineWubbeling,

I’m not sure I’m following – can you post screenshots?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec

Please see below. So I have selected to assign a Copy-Editor under the Production phase jsut to test. I selected this message, but the template jsut stays blank, it is not populated:

Screenshot%20(65)

As another example I tried to assign a copy-editor under the Copy-Editing phase and selected the Request Copy-Editing message. It populated. Then I selected another email template but it just kept the Request Copy-Editing text:

Screenshot%20(66)

Hi @NadineWubbeling,

The issue with the text not changing when you select certain email templates has been fixed in more recent releases of OJS, I believe.

As for the empty “Proofreading Request” email, that text is from an older version of OJS and the template is no longer included in OJS 3.x. I’d suggest checking to see whether text is present in the “Prepared Emails” area of your setup.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks Alec, we will work on updating to the latest version of OJS then. I will also look at the emails individually and make sure all of them are populated.

Regards
Nadine

@MichaelGuthrie @haydenyoung