Not able to send CC and BCC acceptance emails

We are having trouble sending select emails. The majority of the ones that are automatic or initiated by the editor are working fine, but we have noticed a particular set that does not work. When the editor tries to send an acceptance letter to an author with ccs or bccs added. It fails and gives an error in the server log of: OJS SMTPMailer: Did not receive expected 250 or 251, referer:
If there is a single author the email fires and sends fine - it is only when we add additional recipients that there is a problem. I have reviewed the SMTP configuration page in OJS and it seems to match the current version so I am at a loss as to what to try.

Hi @sheardln,

If any emails are sent by OJS, then your OJS mail sending configuration is correct. The errors you’re encountering will probably be due to the mail server rejecting the message, likely due to some details of its addressing. I would suggest checking your email server’s sending log – OJS won’t have access to the details of that failure in order to report in more detail.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, Alec
Apparently the problem was just with one email that had BCC and CC attached. We are waiting to see if it happens again. Not sure why it didn’t like that one email.
Lisa

We are having a problem with OJS3 as well. With previous versions the ability to send Cc and Bcc e-mails was crucial to our workflow. This does not appear to be the case with OJS3. Are we doing something wrong? We are able to send individual messages, but our journal editors would prefer the ability to include additional people. Any advice please? Thank you.

Hi @Mark_Snyders,

This thread is about a specific SMTP error; are you encountering the same problem?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have similar problem. When I am trying to send an e-mail to reviewers, I want to send same mail to me or to the reviewer’s second mail, but the system does not allow me to write email address.

Hi @ijrer_editor,

That is a different question, but what version and which of our applications are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I use Open Journal Systems 2.4.8.2.

Hi @ijrer_editor,

In OJS 2.x, if you have enabled one-click reviewer emails in setup, you will not be allowed to copy these emails to other accounts. If you want to allow recipient controls, disable one-click emails in setup.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Alec Smecher,

Many thanks for your help. It works now.
With my best regards,
iColak