No reference number in the subscription settings in OJS 3

Hi,
In OJS 2 you had a reference number field in the subscription settings (see attached). I can’t find that field in OJS 3. Have you removed that?
reference%20number
Best
Niels Erik

Hi @nef,

No, I don’t think that’s currently present in OJS 3.x. Can you describe what you’re using that field for?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

One of our journals use the reference number in their financial management system and apart from that, because they have subscribers from all over the world it can be quite difficult to search by name. Especially Indian and Japanes names are not always unequivocal, the names can be spelled in different ways.
Therefore it’s much easier to search by reference number.
Best
Niels Erik

I can see that the reference number field is implemented under the Individual Subscriptions when you register a subscriber but it is still lacking under the Institutional Subscriptions. It would be very nice if you would implement it there too.
Regards
Niels Erik

Hi all,

Filed at Add reference number to institutional subscription form template · Issue #3795 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub and merged @nef/@tgc99’s pull request – thanks for contributing! This will be included in the next release of OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team