New user form error

Hello, It happened several times that when I complete the form for new user I got message that form is not properly completed without pointing mw what is error exactly. I have had to cancel operation and start again. Then, teh form was normally accepted although I entered the same data. Do you have any advise?

Hi @vvucic,

This sounds like it’s related to the CSRF check. Are you able to narrow down the circumstances that lead to the error message?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I do that on local machine with xampp. It seems to me that it happens after changing e-mail address or typing e-mail address in the filed that is reserved for username or so.
Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

I’ve just tried registering for an account using an already-reserved email address, then changing it and completing the process, and I wasn’t able to replicate this behavior. If you’re experiencing frequent logouts, it might be that you need to turn off the session_check_ip setting in config.inc.php; otherwise, if you’re able to replicate this, please let me know how.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I was not logged off. I was prompted that form is not valid and I cancelled operation bz pressing on X upright corner of screen and started again and it was OK.

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

Are you creating a user in the administration area, or are you registering for a new account using the Registration form? A screenshot might help.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I will make screenshot if I will experience that again. It seems to me that there is something with cache handling or so because I have the same problem often with part of form related to metadata of article with part that is related with keywords, references, subject etc. I got message that form isd not completed properly and I have to do the same form the beginning.

No idea what might be cause of that.

I was registering user as Journal manager when adding previous issues.

Thanks