Need help migrating a VERY old (2.4.3) installation

I’m embarrassed to have to post this, because obviously I let my initial installation of OJS get WAY out of date without an upgrade. Here’s the situation.

1. I moved to a new domain host without exporting or migrating my OJS installation. I had it on a subdomain and I have several other websites running on the main domain and other subdomains on that same domain, so I can’t change the DNS back to troubleshoot.
  2. I still have access to the original hosting server where my OJS installation is located.
  3. I am not positive but based on the original installation date (Dec 2013) I think I installed version 2.4.3.
  4. I get a 500 error when I pointed a different subdomain to the original installation files on my old server, after I changed the canonical URL in ‘config.inc.php’ to the new subdomain URL. Not sure but I suspect this may have to do with a newer PHP version running.
  5. I cannot get the original OJS 2.4.3 files to recognize / render anything in my browser on either my old hosting server or my new one.
  6. I have about 30 or 40 publications in my old archive, and really don’t want to re-create them… so I need advice about how I can best migrate my old site, or rebuild a new installation from the data in the old one… using files in the original installation directory and (if needed) the original MySQL database.

Any suggestions appreciated. I’ve done a lot with WordPress installations and a few other PHP installs (like Tweet Nest) but am in pretty far over my head with this.

Hi @wfryer,

I am not sure, but I think you can try with the instructions fro upgrading OJS: https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/UPGRADE

Regards, Primož